The Outwoods is 110 acres of ancient woodland to the north of Loughborough and is one of the oldest surviving woodland sites in Charnwood. The Outwoods consists of a variety of different routes and walks, including an easy access path with a bird feeding station.
The Outwoods was gifted to the people of Loughborough in 1946 by two local benefactors, Allan Moss and George Harry Bowler, and is managed by the Outwoods Management Committee. In 2015/16, for the eighth year running the Outwoods was awarded the Green Flag, this is a nationally recognised mark of excellence.
Green Spaces, Charnwood Borough Council
Please note that The Outwoods will remain closed in times of adverse weather conditions to ensure the safety of visitors.
Responsible dog owners and their dogs are most welcome to the Outwoods but must ensure that all fouling is removed and the dog bins provided are used.
Dog owners are reminded that a fixed penalty can be issued to anyone caught not removing and disposing of their dog's feaces properly.
Organised party visits
If you want to bring an organised party to the Outwoods, please visit our web page on planning events for more information and advice.
More information on the Outwoods
- Walking in the Outwoods (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Outwoods leaflet (PDF Document, 0.66 Mb)
- Charnwood Borough Council's guided walks programme
|FOI 3280||16th Aug 2013||Snares on Council Land|
Last updated: Tue 26th April, 2016 @ 13:51