We believe that effective Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) services is important for tackling crime and disorder, anti-social behaviour and environmental crime.
CCTV also assists in effectively managing traffic and public events, such as the annual Loughborough Fair. An important part of our Corporate Plan is to develop initiatives to reduce crime and disorder across the borough.
We take a zero-tolerance approach to these issues and use CCTV to confront them in and around our borough, making your neighbourhoods safer, cleaner and stronger.
Cameras are used:
- To make Charnwood a safe and clean place in which to live, work and visit
- To reduce anti-social behaviour, youth nuisance, drug and alcohol misuse and provide public reassurance
- To gain evidence of environmental crimes such as graffiti, vandalism, littering and fly-tipping
- To ensure that traffic flows easily and safely through the town's streets by providing information to the media and public
- For the prevention and detection of crimes
- To provide assistance and direction for pre-planned events and operations or in the event of a major emergency
- To gain evidence for use in court proceedings.
In June 2013 the Secretary of State issued a Code of Practice which provides guidance on the appropriate and effective use of surveillance camera systems by relevant authorities (as defined by section 33 of the 2012 Act) in England and Wales.
For further Details please contact John Hatfield on:
- Tel: 01509 632562
CCTV support in Charnwood
CCTV Advisors are supported in their duties by four radio communications systems giving them direct links to Police Officers throughout the borough, Crime Out of Loughborough (COOL), Pub Watch and Street Wardens. This helps to ensure a rapid response can be made to any incident.
Although we work in partnership with Leicestershire Constabulary, COOL, Pub Watch and several parish councils, as the owner of the system we are accountable for the day-to-day operations.
CCTV in the News
- Extract from the Charnwood CCTV System Code of Practice (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Application for CCTV Images (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
|FOI 2202||6th Aug 2012||Surveillance Camera|
|FOI 2359||8th Oct 2012||CCTV Cameras|
|FOI 2365||9th Oct 2012||HD CCTV Cameras|
|FOI 2394||18th Oct 2012||CCTV Control Centres|
|FOI 1238||21st Mar 2011||CCTV Cameras. and Microchips in Rubbish Bins|
|FOI 4754||30th Jul 2014||Asb Management|
|FOI 2703||12th Feb 2013||CCTV|
|FOI 3383||20th Sep 2013||CCTV Enforcment|
|FOI 3515||28th Oct 2013||CCTV From Birstall Café 8 - 9pm - 28 August 2013|
|FOI 3551||7th Nov 2013||CCTV|
|FOI 3580||12th Nov 2013||Mobile CCTV|
|FOI 1650||23rd Jan 2012||Contact Info|
|FOI 1706||13th Feb 2012||CCTV Camera Locations|
Last updated: Tue 26th April, 2016 @ 14:13