The Charnwood Design awards recognise the excellent work of building owners, agents and contractors on a wide range of developments and conservation projects in the borough.
They aim to encourage and recognise high standards of design in the built environment.
This year we had five categories and projects had to have been completed after July 1, 2015. The categories are:
- New buildings
- Sustainable construction
- Special award – this category is for projects which have positively contributed to achieving good design but cannot be considered in the other four categories
The awards were last held in 2015 when the winners included the Dogs Trust Rehoming Centre, Wymeswold, a new preparatory school at Ratcliffe College, Cottages in Forest Rock Close, Woodhouse Eaves and Trinity Hall in Loughborough.
Nominations for the awards are now closed and a list of nominees can be seen below:
- 88 Chaveney Road Quorn
- 7 Swan Street Seagrave Loughborough,
- 504 / 506 Bradgate Road, Newtown Linford
- Roecliffe Hall, Swithland Road, Woodhouse Eaves.
- The Memorial Centre, Leicester Road, Mountsorrel.
- 9 Station Road, Cropston.
- Wander Nature Garden, Blacksmiths Road, Shepshed
- Waterside Court, Derby Road, Loughborough.
- 43 Maplewell Road, Woodhouse Eaves
- Goscote Lodge, Leicester Road, Birstall.
- Hall Orchard Primary School, Barrow upon Soar
- Loughborough Endowed Schools Preparatory School, Leicester Road, Loughborough
- Baxter Gate cinema complex, Loughborough
Judging will take place over the next few weeks and the winners will be announced at the end of November.
Last updated: Mon 30th July, 2018 @ 12:34