Changes to the Council's services and opening days/times over the Christmas period can be found below.
The main council office building at Southfields is currently open to customers with essential enquiries on an appointment-only basis.
It will close at 1pm on Friday December 24, 2021 (last appointment to see a Customer Services Advisor in the Customer Service Centre will be at 12:30pm) and remain closed until 8.30am on Tuesday January 4, 2022.
Please note: The Shopmobility service is currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Council's Contact Centre arrangements are as follows:
- Closed from 1pm Friday December 24 to 8.30am Wednesday December 29
- Open 8.30am to 1pm on Wednesday December 29, Wednesday December 29, Thursday December 30 and Friday December 31 for emergency housing and urgent cleansing / refuse enquiries only
- Closed from 1pm Friday December 31 to 8.30am Tuesday January 4, 2022
Cleansing, refuse and recycling issues
- Tel: 01509 634563
Over the Christmas period the following numbers can be used in an emergency outside of opening hours
- Council Emergency 0333 2008811
- Emergency Housing Repairs 01509 634666
- Lifeline Service: 01509 643970
- Homelessness: 01509 634567 and 0333 200 8811
Other services at the council offices
Jobcentre Plus will close for Christmas at 5pm on Friday December 24.
They will be closed on Monday December 27, Tuesday December 28 and Wednesday December 29.
They will be open between 9am-5pm on Thursday December 30 and Friday December 31, and then closed until 9am on Tuesday January 4, 2022.
Leisure centre festive opening hours
The Christmas opening hours for the Loughborough Leisure Centre, South Charnwood and Soar Valley leisure centres can be found below:
Charnwood Museum opening hours
Charnwood Museum will be closed from 3pm on Saturday December 18, 2021 to Saturday January 8, 2022. For opening times, exhibition information and more, visit the Charnwood Museum website.
Last updated: Wed 8th December, 2021 @ 16:27