Changes to the Council's services and opening days/times over the Christmas period can be found below.
The main council office building at Southfields is currently open to customers with essential enquiries on an appointment-only basis.
It will close at 1pm on Thursday December 24, 2020 (last appointment to see a Customer Services Advisor in the Customer Service Centre will be at 12:30pm) and remain closed until 8.30am on Monday January 4, 2021.
Please note: The Shopmobility service is currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Council's Contact Centre arrangements are as follows:
- Closed from 1pm Thursday December 24 to 8.30am Tuesday December 29
- Open 8.30am to 1pm on Tuesday December 29, Wednesday December 30 and Thursday December 31 for emergency Housing and urgent Cleansing / Refuse enquiries only
- Closed from 1pm Thursday December 31 to 8.30am Monday January 4, 2021
Cleansing, refuse and recycling issues
- Tel: 01509 634563
Over the Christmas period the following numbers can be used in an emergency outside of opening hours
- Council Emergency 0333 2008811
- Emergency Housing Repairs 01509 634666
- Lifeline Service: 01509 643970
- Homelessness: 01509 634567 and 0333 200 8811
Other services at the council offices
Jobcentre Plus will close for Christmas at 5pm on Wednesday December 23.
They will be open between 9am-5pm on Tuesday December 29, Wednesday December 30 and Thursday December 31, and then closed until 9am on Monday January 4, 2021.
Last updated: Wed 23rd December, 2020 @ 15:13