We accept the following debit/credit cards:
- Maestro, Visa (debit), Visa Credit, Mastercard, Visa (Electron)
We are unable to accept:
- American Express, Diners Cards
If paying by Credit Card a 2.2% surcharge will be levied. All Debit Card transactions will remain free. Once you get through to the payment forms you will need to input your council account or reference number, not your bank account number.
Is the system safe to use?
We are committed to protecting your privacy on the internet. We have taken the following measures to help protect your information, but if you are in a public place, we strongly advise that you make sure you are not overlooked as you enter your card details:
- A digital certificate
- A digital certificate is like an electronic passport which proves who we are and can be trusted with sensitive information. Our digital certificate has been issued by Thawte, the second largest global authentication authority.
- Your information is sent in coded format
- All your personal information is encrypted into coded data so that it is unrecognisable as it travels across the internet. When you enter the secure area of our website you will see a padlock icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
- If you click on the padlock it will tell you who you are dealing with.
- We do not store your payment card details and will only use your information for payment
- Your card payment details are processed by Streamline, not us; so there is no risk that someone will fraudulently obtain them from us.
- The Data Protection Act 1998 safeguards the use of personal information. This means that information we ask you to provide electonically will only be used for the purpose you intended.
What happens after I make a payment?
At the end of a successful online payment you will be presented with a confirmation page. Print this out if you wish to keep a receipt for the payment.
The Payment screens will also offer you the option of adding your email address. If you choose to add this information, you will receive confirmation by email if the payment was successful
If you do not receive a confirmation page but are sure you entered the correct information, then contact the Income Section on:
Tel: 01509 634819
If you've entered your email address and do not receive a confirmation email within two working days then please contact the Income Section on the details above.
Once your payment card details have been validated and authorised by your card issuing company, your payment should be processed within two working days.
We operate a restrictive refunds policy - refunds will be made only in cases where it can be demonstrated that an account has been overpaid by the charge payer or customer.
Last updated: Tue 8th March, 2016 @ 12:57