Important information about online card payments

New UK regulations came into force on Monday March 14, 2022, meaning more online card payments will be subject to '3D Secure' verification checks.

We are noticing that a higher than normal percentage of customers are encountering issues when completing card payments, so if this has happened to you, you are not alone.

New regulations require card-issuing banks to force extra cardholder verification checks when card payments are made, known as '3D Secure'.

Therefore please expect that when making a card payment, you may be asked to verify either of the below:

  • A verification code sent to you via text.
  • A request to verify the transaction by logging into your online/mobile banking app.

The method of choice will be down to the bank who issued your payment card.

Above are all the things you can pay for online to Charnwood Borough Council. If you wish to find out about other methods of payments available please refer to our  page on how to pay a bill.

More information on how to pay a bill online

Parking Contravention Notices (Parking Fines) are payable to Leicestershire County Council and can be paid online or by telephone: 0116 3057953.

Last updated: Mon 2nd October, 2023 @ 09:46