The use of the car parks in Loughborough Town Centre is governed by our Off-Street Parking Places Order.
A £50 penalty will be imposed for:
- Not displaying an in time ticket
- Returning within an hour for tariffs up to and including three hours
- Parking other than wholly in a marked space
A £70 penalty will be imposed for:
- Parking in a loading area during restricted hours
- Parking in a restricted area
- Parked in a permit bay without displaying a valid permit
- Parking in a disabled bay if not displaying a blue badge
- Vehicles parked exceeding maximum height and or length permitted in the area
You will get a 50% discount on the fine if you pay within 14 days of getting it. Payment of parking fines should be made direct to Leicestershire County Council.
Paying a parking fine
It may take up to 24 hours after the issue of the PCN before this facility can be used. Payments are taken by Leicestershire County Council and you will need:
- The PCN number
- Your vehicle registration number
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Maestro, Solo or Delta) are accepted.
Please use the 24 hour automated payment line below:
- Tel: 0116 305 7953
You can make cheques (please no cash) payable to Leicestershire County Council. Please write the PCN number on the back of the cheque and post it to:
- LCC Notice Processing Centre, PO Box 9983, Leicester, LE3 7DD
Appealing a car park penalty
Before making an appeal please pause and consider all of the following:
- The notice board setting out parking instructions has been read.
- Sufficient method of payment is available to use the car park
- An ‘in time’ ticket has been displayed in the wind-screen before leaving the car where the car park is pay and display
- The vehicle is parked only within a marked bay
- The vehicle is not parked in a space reserved for the disabled unless displaying a valid Blue Badge
- The vehicle is not parked between 6am to 6pm (Monday-Friday) on a Evening/Saturday only car park.
- The vehicle is not parked in any area reserved for coaches
If you still believe your parking fine was issued in error, you can challenge it provided you do so within 14 days of receiving it. Full details about when and how you can challenge a parking fine are available on the County Council website.
Penalties are imposed on all vehicles, observed by the patrolling wardens, infringing any regulation.
Last updated: Wed 26th July, 2023 @ 14:25