Skip to Content

How to pay a bill

Due to essential maintenance being carried out by Pay360, customers may experience online payment disruptions on Sunday July 5 between 4:30-6:30am and Tuesday July 7 between 6-7am. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Residents in Leicester and its outlying areas, including Birstall, Thurmaston and Wanlip in Charnwood, are to be asked to continue to follow stricter lockdown restrictions for at least two weeks, and non-essential shops will be closed. More information - including frequently asked questions and a postcode checker - can be found at

We offer a variety of ways for you to pay your bills and invoices.

For more details on your preferred method of payment just select from the links provided on this page.

Parking Contravention Notices (Parking Fines) are now payable to Leicestershire County Council and can be paid on-line or by telephone on 08458 450 450.

Standing orders

You can use this method to pay for the following:

  • Housing Benefit overpayments - 01509 634841
  • Rents - 0800 6335548 or 01509 634666

Cheques and postal orders

You can use this method to pay for; Council Tax, Housing Rent, Business Rates, Sundry Invoices (including Garden Waste Scheme), Housing Benefit Overpayment, Council Housing Invoices, Miscellaneous Income.

Send cheques or postal orders to the following address:

Charnwood Borough Council Financial Services
LE11 2TU

Cheques should be made payable to 'Charnwood Borough Council'. Please write your invoice, account or reference number (as shown on your bill) and what the payment is for i.e. Council Tax, Rent etc, on the back of your cheque or postal order.

Receipts are only issued if requested. Please do not send cash through the post as it is not secure.

Share this page:

Last updated: