This webpage provides information on animal establishments and dangerous wild animals.

Please check to see if your FOI request is answered below before submitting a new request.

Animal Activity Licenses

The following must be licensed under the Animal Welfare Regulations:

  • Selling Animals as Pets
  • Providing or arranging for the provision of boarding for cats or dogs
  • Hiring out horses
  • Breeding dogs
  • Keeping or training animals for exhibition

A list of these licenses can be viewed in the document below:

Animal rescue centres and sanctuaries

We have no direct involvement with animal rescue centres or sanctuaries and therefore cannot respond to any FOI requests for this information.

Dangerous animals

We have not issued any licenses under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976/2007 for keeping wild animals. To report dangerous dogs please contact Leicestershire Police online via the Leicestershire Police website or call 101.

Last updated: Thu 3rd August, 2023 @ 13:41