Since 2010, we have held an annual garden competition for our tenants.
Our competition allows residents to take pride in the community and showcase their impressive gardening skills.
Enter the 2023 Garden Competition
You can enter online by using the form below:
Enter the tenant garden competition
Alternatively, complete the entry form below and post or email it to the customer engagement team using the details on the form:
- Tenant garden competition entry form 2023 (PDF Document, 1.22 Mb)
Details about the competition
Our council tenant and leaseholder garden competition is open from December 1, 2022 as this year we are introducing new categories and the chance to send photos of your garden throughout the year.
This competition is a great way to allow our tenants and leaseholders to showcase their impressive gardening skills and the pride taken in them.
We are also encouraging our younger generation to take part by including a children’s garden category, there is also a greener garden for those who like to upcycle and increase wildlife and help the environment and many more categories which you can enter, even including pots and hanging baskets.
Be in with a chance to win a prize, which are:
- First place for each category will receive a £100 voucher
- Second place will receive a £75 voucher, and
- Third place will receive a £50 voucher.
All entrants who don’t win will receive a small token as a thank you. You will also be invited to an award ceremony where you will be able to meet other entrants and meet staff from Charnwood Borough Council.
The closing date for the competition is Friday June 2, 2023.
Judging will take place from Monday July 10 until Friday July 14, 2023 and your garden must available during this week. You will be informed of the exact date nearer the time.
For further information on the competition please email you enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 634679 or 01509 634955.
Terms and conditions
- The Council may use photographs of garden competition entries in future publicity and publications, on the website and in the tenant and leaseholder newsletter, Your Homes Matter.
- There is a £100 for first place, £50 for second place, £25 for third place for each category, and all other entrants who don’t win will receive a small gift
- Entry forms and photographs must be received by Friday June 2, 2023, photographs can be accepted from the date the competition opens until it closes providing an application form has been completed
- Your garden must be available to be judged from Monday July 10 until Friday July 14, 2023 and you will be informed of the exact date of judging nearer the time
- All entrants will be invited to a presentation ceremony where the winners will be announced
- The prize winners will be announced in the Winter edition of Your Homes Matter
- The Council may use photographs of garden competition entries in future publicity and publications, on the website and in the newsletter.
Last updated: Tue 10th January, 2023 @ 15:26