We are currently reviewing our health and safety service standards to ensure that they meet the requirements of the Regulators' Code. Our Environmental Health Services will:
- Carry out priority assessed inspections of premises and take action in line with the principles of the Enforcement Concordat and National Code produced by HSE (Health and Safety Executive)
- Respond to all enquiries and complaints within three working days
- Aim to answer telephone calls direct as soon as possible. If lines are busy and a message is left we will endeavour to call back within one hour or, where appropriate, as soon as possible the next working day
- Answer straightforward enquiries immediately. Other more complicated enquiries will take longer and we will keep you in touch with progress
- Be polite and considerate
- Give you a name when we speak to you and give you a business card or show you a warrant if we meet you
- Take all reasonable steps to make our services accessible to everyone including people with special needs
If we fail to meet these standards we will apologise and aim to put things right. If you are not satisfied with a response or any form of action taken by an officer you can use our corporate complaints procedure.
Our performance is constantly assessed and we provide information on target indicators on an annual basis which is contained in our health and safety intervention plan.
We also follow up inspections with a customer satisfaction survey in order to assess successes or shortcomings in our service delivery.
We strive to improve on our targets and look to business to provide us with feedback on things we do well and things where we need to make improvements on.
Last updated: Mon 19th June, 2017 @ 16:05