Each borough councillor has been allocated an annual budget of £1,000 which can be used to support projects that bring benefits to their ward.
Organisations currently running projects with community benefit in Charnwood are invited to apply for a minimum of £250 per member, and up to a maximum of £1,000 per member, and applications may be made to more than one member. Funding can be provided towards community events, activities, equipment, uniformed groups such as Scouts, Guides, Cubs and Brownies. For more information please read the Guidance Notes below.
The deadline for applications for 2019/20 is February 28, 2020.
The members grant scheme for 2020/21 opens on April 1, 2020.
Applying for member grants
Organisations should discuss their project with their local Councillor before applying.
To find out details of the appropriate Councillor to apply to, please view our list of councillors. Please also check the table in the document below, to ensure that funding is still available from the Councillor you will be applying to:
- Member Grants 2019-20 - Amount Awarded by Councillor (PDF Document, 0.17 Mb)
Once an organisation has been in contact with the Councillor(s), a completed application form should be e-mailed to the Grants Team at email@example.com.
Please read the guidance document in full before you complete the application form, and include the relevant supporting documents with your application to ensure it can be properly assessed and a decision can be made quickly. The latest copy of the application form and guidance notes can be seen below.
- Member Grants Scheme application form (Word Version) (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Member Grants Scheme application form (PDF Document, 0.21 Mb)
- Member Grants Scheme application guidance notes (PDF Document, 0.21 Mb)
- Member Grants Scheme - interim project monitoring form (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Member Grants Scheme - end of project monitoring form (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Charnwood grants terms and conditions (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
You can view the grants awarded by councillors for 2018-19 in the document below:
- Member Grants 2018 19 - Amount Awarded by Councillor (PDF Document, 0.16 Mb)
Last updated: Thu 23rd January, 2020 @ 12:38