Charnwood’s many green spaces are cared for by the Ranger Service.
Their role is to manage both public enjoyment and to improve their value for wildlife and eco-system services.
The small team of rangers operate a rota system so that the ranger service is available seven days week.
The team is responsible for:
- Looking after all of our wildlife sites
- Practical conservation work
- Guided Walks
- Supporting community groups
- caring for the environment
- Providing wildlife volunteering opportunities
- Monitoring biodiversity and giving advice to landowners
We support and encourage those individuals or groups who find it difficult to visit local open spaces or want to learn more about the natural heritage of the area.
The Ranger Service offers opportunities to become a volunteer ranger. This will involve undertaking practical conservation tasks, leading wildlife walks, organising countryside events, wildlife recording or simply patrolling our green spaces.
If you can make a commitment or would like more information please contact the rangers' team.
Last updated: Tue 6th December, 2022 @ 16:38