Charnwood Borough Council is committed to supporting refugees from Ukraine. There are two Government refugee schemes. More details are below.

Homes for Ukraine

The Homes for Ukraine scheme invites people to apply to sponsor a named Ukrainian and their immediate family to come over to the UK. You must be able to provide accommodation for at least six months.

If you want to offer a home to people fleeing Ukraine, you can register your interest in becoming a sponsor. You can do this as an individual or as an organisation.

Find out more about Homes for Ukraine and to register your interest

Homes for Ukraine FAQs (


If you need to change your sponsor and be re-matched, please contact Leicestershire Homes for Ukraine on the link below.

Apply to be re-matched

Ukraine Family Scheme

The Ukraine Family Scheme allows family members of British nationals, UK settled persons and certain others to come to or stay in the UK. It is free to apply.

People will be able to live, work and study in the UK and access public funds.

More information about the Ukraine Family Scheme

Reset - a matching and training service for sponsors and refugees

Reset have launched a matching and training service to pair sponsors and refugees under the UK Government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme. It has mobilised experts in safeguarding to assess sponsors and refugees to make sure that the matching is suitable.

Reset will also provide a training service, drawing on the expertise of Refugees at Home, for sponsors, local authorities, and community groups.

More information about Reset

Last updated: Fri 5th May, 2023 @ 10:24