Housing and homelessness charity, Shelter, has created a helpful guide to use when searching for a private home to rent.
This includes ways to find a private rented home, using a letting agent to find and rent a home, and tips for viewing a potential home.
The Homefinder website lists properties that are available for private rent across Leicestershire and Leicester city.
All private landlords advertising on this website will take tenants who receive benefits.
You will need to register to use the website, but once registered on the site you will be able to:
- Search for accommodation by type, area, size, rent and availability
- Receive personalised text alerts
- Receive details of new properties sent direct to your inbox
- Access free information and downloads about your rights & responsibilities
- Access a message board where you can chat with other users to find flat mates or available rooms
- Find out if you are entitled to benefits by using the Housing Benefit calculator
- Translate the pages into the language of your choice
Model tenancy agreement
The government has produced a model agreement for a shorthold tenancy (and accompanying guidance) for use by tenants and landlords who are entering into a shorthold assured tenancy agreement in the private rented sector.
Last updated: Mon 9th April, 2018 @ 10:55