If the potential road closure is not on a through route, and does not require a diversion, Charnwood Borough Council may be able to grant a temporary road closure if it appears that any streets may be crowded or obstructed for:

  • Processions
  • Public rejoicing
  • Street Parties
  • Christmas light illuminations
  • Celebrations of marked events e.g. Bonfire Night, May Day, Diwali, Christmas
  • Wakes
  • Fairs
  • Remembrance day events

If your event falls into one of the categories above please contact our Business Support team on:

All other road closures will require the approval of Leicestershire County Council.  You should contact their Highways team on:

If your planned temporary road closure is associated with an event that will take place on council owned land, or in Loughborough Market Place or the town centre, you will need to make an application to us for the use of this land. Further information can be found on our main events page

How do I organise and register an event or street party for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee?

If you are arranging an event / street party to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in 2022, please contact Leicestershire County Council.  Full details for registering an event, and details of how to apply for any road closures / restrictions, can be found on the Leicestershire County Council website.

The Government has published guidance on how to organise a street party. It can be found on the Government website.

Guide to organising a street party (Gov.uk)

Last updated: Tue 15th February, 2022 @ 14:09