Skip to content

Accommodation certificates

When applying for citizenship in the UK, an accommodation certificate is usually needed for supporting evidence.

The Private Housing Section offers a 30 to 45 minute inspection which will allow the Council Officer to check that the property is safe to live in. If all is right with the property, a certificate will be produced that can be used to support an application.

This service can't be used to support temporary visas, when a person has been granted a short-term stay in the UK and must leave before a given period of time.

To apply for an accommodation certificate, complete the application form;

Fees and appeals

As of April 1, 2017, the cost of an accommodation certificate is £70.78. If any changes need to be made, these will be charged at a rate of £25.03. When we have received payment, we will be able to make an appointment for an Environmental Health technician to visit the property.

To pay for a certificate, use the link below and then select the Housing Standards link;

If your case is an appeal case please include the documents received from the High Commission visa section about the grounds for refusal with the application. In the case of an appeal we will try to inspect and produce an accommodation letter before a scheduled appeal hearing.

For advice on accommodation certificates

Imperial House, St Nicholas Cir, Leicester LE1 4LF

Tel; 0116 2629899 Fax; 0116 2620040

66 Nottingham Road, Loughborough, Leicester, LE11 1EU

Tel; 01509 261651 Fax; 01509 267826


Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top