A site licence is required for all sites that will be used for residential, holiday or touring use.
This is to ensure the safety of everyone on the site.
All site owners must have planning permission for the development of the site and, without permission, a site licence will not be issued. Operating a site without a licence is an offence and the council will actively enforce site licence conditions.
- Park Homes Fees Policy (PDF Document, 0.16 Mb)
- Fees and Charges for Park Home Sites 2019-2020 (PDF Document, 0.84 Mb)
You must apply for a licence if you allow your land to be used as a camping site by the public:
- For more than 42 consecutive days
- For 60 days in a year
There are exceptions for campsites which have been approved by organisations that hold camping exemption certificates.
Apply for or transfer a licence
If you wish to apply for of transfer a Caravan Site Licence, please contact the Private Sector Housing Team directly on 01509 634 651 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Camping Site Licenses please refer to the application forms below:
- Application for a caravan site licence (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Application for a camping site licence (PDF Document, 0.12 Mb)
Complete the relevant online form above, print off, sign at the end, and return with plan(s) to the address below:
- Private Sector Housing, Charnwood Borough Council, Southfield Road, Loughborough, LE11 2TT
Please include a plan of the site with your application. The site plan should be to a scale of not less than 1/500 and show clearly:
- The boundaries of the site
- The positions of caravan standings
- Existing and proposed facilities:
- Roads and footpaths
- Toilet blocks, stores and other buildings
- Foul and surface water drainage
- Water supply
- Recreation spaces
- Fire points
- Parking spaces
The site plan should distinguish clearly between facilities that are already available, and facilities that are proposed.
Please note that caravan sites which were already in use on or before March 9, 1960 still require planning permission in accordance with the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960.
Planning permission must be obtained before a licence can be issued. Contact Development Control for more information.
If you own a site or have any concerns relating to site licences or the condition of a site, please contact Private Sector Housing on:
- Telephone: 01509 634 651
- Email: email@example.com
Or visit www.gov.uk for more information.
- Application for Campsite Licence Template (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Last updated: Thu 11th April, 2019 @ 16:27