If you are concerned about the standard of the privately rented accommodation you live in, Charnwood Borough Council can provide advice and work with you and your landlord to address problems such as:

  • Condition of private rented housing
  • Overcrowded houses
  • Blocked drains (commercial & domestic premises)
  • Caravans/gypsies sites
  • Filthy houses and problems with vermin
  • Houses in disrepair

We would first advise that you contact your landlord or letting agent should you have concerns about any of the above. 

Please use letter template 1 and letter template 2 as a guide.

If you are dissatisfied with their response then please feel free to contact the Private Sector Housing Team by sending us letter template 3, or by completing our online form.

Council tenants

If you are a council tenant and would like to make a complaint about your accommodation, please complete this online form via the link below:

 Online feedback, complaints and compliments form 

Last updated: Mon 14th November, 2022 @ 17:51