We are committed to maximising the number of new homes built on suitable brownfield land to help reduce the amount of greenfield land lost to development and regenerate the existing urban areas of the borough.
The Government has introduced a requirement for local planning authorities to publish and maintain a Brownfield Land Register. This will contain a list of sites that have been previously developed and are potentially suitable for housing-led development.
The register is required to be kept in two parts:
Part one: will contain sites categorised as previously developed land which are considered by the Council to be suitable, available and achievable for housing-led development.
The Brownfield Land Register will be monitored and reviewed annually, please find the latest version below:.
- 2021 Charnwood Brownfield Land Register (CSV File, 0.1 Mb)
- 2020 Charnwood Brownfield Land Register (CSV File, 0.1 Mb)
- 2019 Charnwood Brownfield Land Register (CSV File, 0.1 Mb)
- 2018 Charnwood Brownfield Land Register (CSV File, 0.1 Mb)
- 2017 Charnwood Brownfield Land Register (CSV File, 0.1 Mb)
The data above is provided under the Open Government Licence.
The sites on the register can also be viewed on the Council's interactive map using the Local Plan map layer.
For more information regarding the requirements of a Brownfield Land register please visit the gov.uk website.
Last updated: Tue 11th October, 2022 @ 11:45