Housing and employment monitoring
We monitor housing and employment land availability - the development of new sites and supply of land with planning permission.
The National Planning Policy Framework states that Local planning authorities should identify and update annually a supply of specific deliverable sites sufficient to provide a minimum of five years’ worth of housing against their local housing need where the strategic policies are more than five years old. The Local Housing Need Figure for Charnwood Borough is 1,111 homes per year.
As of March 31, 2021 Charnwood Borough’s housing supply is based upon 1,111 homes per year, and its housing land supply is 3.34 years.
The attached tables provides a breakdown of how this is calculated.
- Five Year Supply Table - March 31, 2021 (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Five Year Supply Table - March 31, 2021 - Sites List (PDF Document, 0.11 Mb)
The Council’s assessment of its housing land supply position takes account of the implications of the Covid-19 pandemic, and this has included input from site developers / promoters.
For more information about the five year supply position please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Annual monitoring report
Housing and Employment land data and the housing trajectory is available in the Annual Monitoring Report.
All councils are required to produce an Annual Monitoring Report. This will be the main way to assess the Local Plan's performance and effects. In the short term it will also monitor the policies of the adopted Local Plan.
The latest Annual Monitoring Report is available to download below:
- Annual Monitoring Report 2019-20 (PDF Document, 0.53 Mb)
The previous Annual Monitoring Reports are available to download below:
- Annual Monitoring Report 2018-19 (PDF Document, 0.6 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2017-2018 (PDF Document, 3.18 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2016-2017 (PDF Document, 3.14 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2015-2016 (PDF Document, 3.05 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2014-15 (PDF Document, 2.76 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2013-14 (PDF Document, 0.44 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2012 - 2013 (PDF Document, 0.8 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2011-2012 (PDF Document, 0.88 Mb)
Last updated: Wed 19th May, 2021 @ 15:19