Monitoring is key to the successful development of the evidence base supporting the production of the Local Plan.
Housing and employment monitoring
We monitor housing and employment land availability - the development of new sites and supply of land with planning permission. The Charnwood Local Plan Core Strategy was adopted on November 9, 2015.
The National Planning Policy Framework states that Local planning authorities should identify and update annually a supply of specific deliverable sites sufficient to provide a minimum of five years’ worth of housing against their local housing need where the strategic policies are more than five years old. The Local Housing Need Figure for Charnwood Borough is 1105 homes per year.
As of November 9, 2020 Charnwood Borough’s housing supply is based upon 1105 homes per year, and its housing land supply is 4.1 years.
The attached tables provides a breakdown of how this is calculated.
- 5 Year Supply Table - 31st March 2020 (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- 5 Year Supply Table - 31st March 2020 - Sites List (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
The Council’s assessment of its housing land supply position takes account of the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic, and this has included input from site developers / promoters.
Employment land data and the housing trajectory is available in the Annual Monitoring Report at the bottom of this page.
All councils are required to produce an Annual Monitoring Report. This will be the main way to assess the Local Plan's performance and effects. In the short term it will also monitor the policies of the adopted Local Plan.
Annual monitoring report
The latest Annual Monitoring Report is available to download below:
- Annual Monitoring Report 2019-20 (PDF Document, 0.53 Mb)
The previous Annual Monitoring Reports are available to download below:
- Annual Monitoring Report 2018-19 (PDF Document, 0.6 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2017-2018 (PDF Document, 3.18 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2016-2017 (PDF Document, 3.14 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2015-2016 (PDF Document, 3.05 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2014-15 (PDF Document, 2.76 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2013-14 (PDF Document, 0.44 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2012 - 2013 (PDF Document, 0.8 Mb)
- Annual Monitoring Report 2011-2012 (PDF Document, 0.88 Mb)
Last updated: Wed 23rd December, 2020 @ 13:20