If you qualify as a carer, we can reduce your bill by 25% or 50% depending on how many people aged 18 or over live in your property and whether those people are counted for Council Tax purposes.
- If all but one resident is not counted, we’ll reduce your Council Tax bill by 25%
- If all residents in the property aren’t counted, we’ll reduce your Council Tax bill by 50%.
You are eligible for this discount if all of the following applies to you:
- You live at the same property as the person receiving care
- The person you care for is over 18
- You provide care for at least 35 hours a week
- The person you care for is not your spouse or partner
- The person you care for receives any of the following benefits:
- Middle or higher rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance.
- Daily living component of Personal Independence Payment at any rate.
- Attendance Allowance at any rate.
- Armed Forces Independence payment.
- Highest rate of Constant Attendance Allowance.
You do not have to claim Carer’s Allowance to qualify for this discount, and your income and savings will not affect your eligibility.
If there is more than one carer in the property, all can be classed as carers providing they meet the criteria above.
How to apply
To apply please complete the application form and provide the requested supporting evidence
If your application is successful a new bill or exemption notice will be issued to you. In the meantime, bills previously issued must be regarded as correct and due for payment as requested.
Last updated: Mon 16th January, 2023 @ 11:43