You may receive a reduction on your Council Tax if a disabled person lives in your property and:

  • uses a wheelchair inside with room to do so
  • uses a second bathroom or kitchen which is required for meeting their needs
  • There is a room which is predominantly used by and required for meeting the needs of the disabled person

If your property is band C, you would pay a band B charge. If you live in a band A property, you would receive a discount of 1/6 of the band A charge.

Apply for a Disabled Band Reduction

Changes to my circumstances

If a Disabled Band Reduction has been applied to your account you must tell us within 21 days of any change in circumstances affecting your entitlement, i.e. the disabled person moves out of the property.

Last updated: Mon 11th March, 2024 @ 12:02