You can claim Local Council Tax Support if you are liable to pay Council Tax on the property you are living in.

If you move to a new property, new caravan site or boat mooring please do not wait until you have received your bill before applying for this.

Make a claim

If you are not sure about your liability to pay, please contact the Council Tax department.

Claimants will have to pay at least 15% of their Council Tax bill under this scheme which works out at about £2.80 per person per week. However, in cases of severe financial hardship, you may be entitled to further help.

Second Adult Rebate

If you are of pensionable age, share your home with one or more people aged over 18 and you are the only person liable to pay Council Tax you may claim what is known as Second Adult Rebate.

To qualify, these other persons must not be:

  • Paying rent to you
  • Your partner
  • Disregarded for Council Tax purposes

Local Council Tax Support and Second Adult Rebate is credited directly to your Council Tax Account.

More information on Council Tax Exemptions and Disregards

Last updated: Wed 10th April, 2024 @ 16:11