Links to welfare, physical and mental health support services can be found below:
Find a Warm Welcome Space near you
Warm Welcome Spaces come in all different shapes and sizes, from a homework club in a local church, to over an over 65s community centre drop-in and library co-working desks.
Simply enter your postcode and requirements to find the right space for you:
Welfare and mental health support
- Charnwood Welfare Provision - an emergency service ran by The Bridge East Midlands available to assist people in crisis who are without food/gas/electricity.
- Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland - Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland is an independent local charity working in the local community to help older people live happier, active, fulfilled and socially-engaged lives in communities.
- Start a Conversation - committed to building a community that supports the mental health and wellbeing of people across Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland.
- Mental Health Central Access Point -24/7 free helpline for people of all ages in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Call 0808 800 3302
- Mind – mental health charity which provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- Every Mind Matters – practical tips and advice from the NHS on how to look after your mental health and support others.
- East Midlands Gambling Harm Service - Free NHS support to stop the harm caused by gambling. Tel: 0300 013 2330. Email: email@example.com.
- Charnwood Food Poverty Group - strives to help any individual or and family, living in Charnwood, who needs access to food provision.
- Your Store - a social supermarket which aims to support people who are eligible and may currently be using food banks transition to more independence by becoming a Your Store member.
- Ask for Ellen - As schools begin to close for the summer holidays, Warburton's have partnered with Morrisons to launch ‘Ask for Ellen’ to support families through the holidays. ‘Ask for Ellen’ at any Morrisons’ café and receive a portion of two standard crumpets, with butter and jam for free – no questions asked. Ask for Ellen runs from July 17 to August 13, 2023 and will be available to everyone, all day, every day. T&Cs apply.
Health and wellbeing
Active Charnwood offer a range free of charge/low-cost health and wellbeing programmes.
For further information on any of the schemes listed below please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free weekly Health & Community led walks
- Free cycling and running programmes
- Subsidised stay and play active early years offer
- Discounted Holiday Activity programme via the Active Charnwood Wild Card scheme
- Youth Engagement Activator offer to schools and free access to a youth sports club at Loughborough Leisure centre
- Access to free/ low-cost targeted Health intervention schemes, that include GP/Cardiac Referral and Falls prevention programmes
- The Council’s three leisure centres operated by Fusion-Lifestyle offer concessionary rate on all activities which are targeted at those 60+, Students, Children under 16, the unemployed and those on disability living allowance
- Fusion-Lifestyle in partnership with Children & Family Wellbeing Service help families in need and Care Leavers providing access to swimming and gym sessions for 50p across all three CBC owned leisure centres
- The Fusion Sports Development team offer a range of targeted activities for residents
- Free health roadshows within Community settings which includes health advice, signposting and support to relevant NHS services, health checks and information on how to keep active/local physical activity opportunities
- Low-Cost weight management/physical activity sessions
Active Charnwood are collaboratively working with Active Together (County Sports Partnership) and all local authority partners to continually promote the ‘sport and physical activity offer’ through the county wide ‘Let’s Get Moving Campaign’ utilising all forms of media i.e., Active Charnwood/CBC website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, resident keep in touch newsletter, etc.
Last updated: Tue 18th July, 2023 @ 16:48