We gather the views of our residents, partners and other service users through consultations about a number of issues.
Your views help shape the services we provide to you.
Below is some information on consultations currently being undertaken by, or involving, Charnwood Borough Council.
To find out what we have done in the past and the results and outcomes of recent consultations please visit our past consultations page.
Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) - Dog Control
Charnwood Borough Council are consulting on the proposed Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) to extend the term of the current PSPO by up to three years and to vary the Order by adding additional areas.
The Notice of Intention outlines the proposed changes to the current PSPO (variations to order shown in red text):
- Notice of intention to make a Public Spaces Protection Order - Dog Control (PDF Document, 0.13 Mb)
The consultation period is open for 28 days and will close on September 4, 2019*.
*Update: Three new locations have been highlighted for consideration on the Notice, these locations are listed as:
- Daisy Bank, Hathern - Dog exclusion zone – children’s play area
- DeVille Park, Syston - Dog Exclusion zone – children’s play area
- Central Park, Syston - Dog exclusion zone – children’s play area
In light of the additional locations and to ensure that the full consultation period is offered the closing date for the PSPO consultation will now end on Tuesday September 17, 2019.
- The Public Spaces Protection Order – Dog Control (Draft) (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
Any comments, objections, suggestions should be addressed to the Head of Regulatory Services, Charnwood Borough Council, Southfield Road, Loughborough, LE11 2TR or emailed to email@example.com quoting reference CBC/08/19.
- After the closing date all comments will be reviewed and if no major objections are received then the Draft Order will be made and issued as drafted;
- If there are minor objections then they will be considered and the Draft Order will be amended and issued; or
- If there are major objections then a new Draft Order and report will be taken to Cabinet taking the objections/comments into consideration.
Rogue Landlords Consultation
The Council wish to obtain further intelligence on the housing stock, tenants and the owners of properties and are undertaking research to identify Rogue Landlords across the Borough and take the appropriate action.
BMG Research has been commissioned by Charnwood Borough Council to carry out face-to-face interviews with residents. BMG Research Interviewers will be carrying an identity card with a photograph; please ensure you check the identity card if they knock on your door.
The responses you give will be linked to your details and passed back to Charnwood Borough Council. You will not be contacted further about the answers you give, unless you give your permission to do so. BMG Research will ensure all information is handled and stored securely.
If you have any questions or concerns about the survey, you can contact the BMG Research Helpline on 0800 358 0337. This number is free from landlines, although mobiles may be charged. Alternatively, you can call BMG Research on 0121 3336006 and ask to be put through to Jordan Harrold.
Last updated: Fri 16th August, 2019 @ 11:50