It's importnant to keep yourself and your bike safe when you're on the road, see our advice below.
- Make sure others can see you
- Lights and bright clothing at night
- Ride carefully and responsibly
- Get a bell to warn others of your presence
Remember - older people may have sight or hearing difficulties - don’t assume that they have seen or heard you.
- Cycle Theft Leaflet (PDF Document, 0.49 Mb)
For up to date information and advice, follow us on Twitter @SaferCharnwood
Cycle theft prevention
- Record and register your bike
- Keep a note of your bike’s frame number, it could help to identify it if it is stolen
- The frame number is often located under the crank shaft
- Ideally, use two secure-rated locks for maximum security when locking your bike
- If using two locks secure both of them to each wheel and the frame.
- If using one lock secure it the wheel and the frame
- Always lock the frame to a solid object such as a bike stand
- When buying a lock look out for the security rating, 1-10, 10 offers the most security
- Remove all your bike accessories every time you leave it unattended
Last updated: Mon 30th July, 2018 @ 16:07