Forthcoming elections in Charnwood will appear on this webpage as they are announced.
Cossington – Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
Thursday November 30, 2023
Neighbourhood Planning Referendums are held once a Local Planning Authority has come to a formal view on whether a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) meets the ‘basic conditions’.
This formal view is made once an independently appointed Examiner examines the draft Neighbourhood Development Plan, or Neighbourhood Development Order and makes formal recommendations about the Plan.
For more information on Neighbourhood Development Plans and Orders see our Planning webpages.
Find out more on the Cossingon Neighbourhood Planning Referendum by visiting the Cossington Neighbourhood Plan webpage.
Once the Plan has been through an independent examination, and received the necessary approvals, (including the publication of a Decision Statement), the next stage is to hold a Neighbourhood Planning Referendum for the designated area.
The referendum asks the question:
“Do you want Charnwood Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Cossington to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
Electors are able to respond either ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on the ballot paper.
If more than 50% of those voting in the referendum have voted in favour of the plan, then we must bring the plan into force.
Key dates and information on voting can be found below. This webpage will be updated as further details are announced.
- Publication of Information Statement – Monday October 23, 2023
- Publication of Notice of Referendum – Thursday October 26, 2023
- Last Date for Registration – By midnight, Tuesday November 14, 2023
- Deadline to apply for, amend, or cancel a Postal Vote – By 5pm, Wednesday November 15, 2023
- Deadline to apply for a Proxy Vote – By 5pm, Wednesday November 22, 2023
- Deadline to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate – By 5pm, Wednesday November 22, 2023
- Receipt of Emergency Proxy Vote Applications – By 5pm, Thursday November 30, 2023
- Day of Poll – Between 7am and 10pm, Thursday November 30, 2023
- Counting of the votes – After the close of poll, Thursday November 30, 2023
Notice of Referendum
The notice of referendum can be found below:
- Notice of Referendum - Neighbourhood Planning Referendum - Cossington (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Notice of Poll
The notice of poll can be found below:
- Notice of Poll - Neighbourhood Planning Referendum - Cossington (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Police and Crime Commissioner Elections
Thursday May 2, 2024
The next Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) elections will take place across England and Wales in May 2024.
Information and official notices regarding the Police and Crime Commissioner elections, both before and after the poll will be published here.
Charnwood Borough Council is seeking to employ staff to help us to deliver successful elections in the borough. You can find more information on working at elections and apply for an election roles by completing the online form below:
Contact Electoral Services
Charnwood Borough Council
Telephone: 01509 634546
Last updated: Tue 28th November, 2023 @ 14:39