The Electoral Services team organises all elections held across the borough. These include referendums, local elections for parish, borough and county, as well as Parliamentary and European elections.
The annual canvass of voters and resulting updates to the register of electors for Charnwood is also organised by this team.
Birstall Riverside Ward Parish by-election April 5, 2018
Following a notice of election for the Birstall Riverside ward one nomination was made and therefore the election was uncontested. The results of the uncontested election can be seen in the document below.
- Notice of election - Birstall Riverside ward Parish Election (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Return of uncontested election - Birstall Riverside ward Parish Election (PDF Document, 0.38 Mb)
Barrow-upon-Soar Neighbourhood Planning Referendum February 8, 2018
A referendum was held on February 8, 2018 on the adoption of the Barrow-upon-Soar neighbourhood plan. Results of the referendum can be seen below.
- Declaration of result of poll - Barrow-upon-Soar (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Notice of poll - Barrow-upon-Soar (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Notice of referendum - Barrow-upon-Soar (PDF Document, 0.43 Mb)
- Barrow-upon-Soar Neighbourhood Plan 2016 - 2028 (PDF Document, 6 Mb)
General information about Charnwood elections
- Local Government Elections are held every four years
- Parliamentary Elections are held every five years
- European Parliamentary Elections are held every five years
- Police and Crime Commissioner Elections are held every four years
More details about these elections can be found on our types of elections page.
To stand for election, on the day of nomination, you must be:
- 18 or over
- Be a UK, EU or Commonwealth citizen
- Be registered to vote in or have either worked or lived in the area for one year
You cannot be a candidate if at the time of your nomination and on the day of the election:
- You work for the council
- You hold a politically restricted post for another local authority
- You are bankrupt
- You have served a prison sentence (or suspended sentence) of three months in the past five years
- You have been disqualified under any legislation relating to corrupt or illegal practices
The Electoral Commission website provides guidance and resources for candidates and agents for local elections.
Richard Albert Huddlestone
To view results from previous elections visit our election results page.
Last updated: Thu 8th March, 2018 @ 13:58