We need to understand whether our services are meeting everyone’s needs and that everyone who needs them has access to those services.
We have developed an Equality Impact Assessment process for the assessment of any new or significantly changed policies, practices, procedures, functions and services.
Undertaking Equality Impact Assessments enables us to take action to prevent direct and indirect discrimination by ensuring that as far as possible, any negative consequences for a particular group or sector of the community are eliminated, minimised or counterbalanced by other measures.
Our ultimate aim is to improve our services. By making sure we have considered the potential impacts of a policy, strategy or plan at an early stage potential barriers or problems can be avoided and actions put in place these it can be fully incorporated into any decisions and not just a ‘bolt-on’ at the end.
Working in this way helps us to integrate and mainstream equalities into our work. Likewise, when reviewing the effectiveness and performance of our services, we can use this procedure to identify equality issues and opportunities as an integral part of our review.
Completed assessments, 2019 and 2020
- Equality Impact Assessment - Membership Grant Scheme (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Children and Young People Strategy 2019-2024 (PDF Document, 0.8 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Comunity Development & Engagement Grant and Community Facility Grant (PDF Document, 0.46 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - 2020 Community Development & Engagement Grant and Community Facilities Grant (PDF Document, 7.32 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - 2020 Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) Loughborough Town Centre (PDF Document, 3.17 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - COVID-19 Recovery Grants (PDF Document, 3.52 Mb)
Leisure and culture
- Equality Impact Assessment - Charnwood Museum toilets (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
Strategic and private sector housing
- Equality Impact Assessment - Private Sector Housing Enforcement Policy 2018 (PDF Document, 0.34 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Tenancy Support Policy (PDF Document, 0.87 Mb)
Planning and Regeneration
- Equality Impact Assessment - Town Centre Masterplan (PDF Document, 0.45 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Charnwood Borough Council Local Planning Enforcement Plan (PDF Document, 0.55 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Local Plan 2019 (PDF Document, 2.3 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - 2020 Bedford Square Gateway Project (PDF Document, 7.5 Mb)
- Equality impact assessment - gambling statement 2019 (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment for Hackney Policy 2020 (PDF Document, 0.17 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - 2020 Approach to Recovery (PDF Document, 3.81 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - COVID-19 - Return to Work (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb)
- EIA - NJC Pay Award 2019-20 (PDF Document, 1.52 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Procurement Strategy 2018-19 to 2024-25 (PDF Document, 3.65 Mb)
- Corporate Plan 2020-2024 Equality Impact Assessment (PDF Document, 0.59 Mb)
- Strategic Partner Grants Equality Impact Assessment (PDF Document, 0.44 Mb)
- Modern Slavery Equality Impact Assessment (PDF Document, 1.76 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment Customer Service Centre (PDF Document, 0.15 Mb)
- Empty Homes Premium (PDF Document, 0.28 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessments - Housing Income and Financial Inclusion Policy 2019-2024 (PDF Document, 2.61 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Communal Cleaning Contract (PDF Document, 0.33 Mb)
Last updated: Thu 6th August, 2020 @ 08:49