We need to understand whether our services are meeting everyone’s needs and that everyone who needs them has access to those services. We have developed an Equality Impact Assessment process for the assessment of any new or significantly changed policies, practices, procedures, functions and services.
Undertaking Equality Impact Assessments enables us to take action to prevent direct and indirect discrimination by ensuring that as far as possible, any negative consequences for a particular group or sector of the community are eliminated, minimised or counterbalanced by other measures.
Our ultimate aim is to improve our services. By making sure we have considered the potential impacts of a policy, strategy or plan at an early stage potential barriers or problems can be avoided and actions put in place these it can be fully incorporated into any decisions and not just a ‘bolt-on’ at the end.
Working in this way helps us to integrate and mainstream equalities into our work. Likewise, when reviewing the effectiveness and performance of our services, we can use this procedure to identify equality issues and opportunities as an integral part of our review.
Completed assessments, 2017
Cleansing & Open Spaces
- Equality Impact Assessment - Increase in garden waste charges (PDF Document, 0.29 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment- Garden Waste Secure Sticker System 2017 (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Recycling Credits Direction Notice (PDF Document, 0.34 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Future Cemetery Provision for Loughborough (PDF Document, 0.41 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment- Charnwood Grants 2017 (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - LRS Physical Activity and Sport Strategy 2017-21 (PDF Document, 0.48 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Statement of Licensing Policy (PDF Document, 0.19 Mb)
Strategic and private sector housing
- Equality Impact Assessment- Charnwood Empty Homes Strategy (PDF Document, 0.42 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment- Private Sector Housing Grants Policy 2017 (PDF Document, 0.53 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Lightbulb Service Model (PDF Document, 0.92 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Buy Back a Former Council Property (PDF Document, 0.32 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Choice Based Lettings Housing Allocation Policy (PDF Document, 0.51 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment- Emergency Resilience (PDF Document, 0.19 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment- Communications Strategy (PDF Document, 0.19 Mb)
- Equality Impact Assessment - Disposal of Land to Taylors Bell Foundry Loughborough (PDF Document, 0.43 Mb)
Planning and Regeneration
- Equality Impact Assessment - Growth Support Fund 2017-18 Round 1 (PDF Document, 0.38 Mb)
|FOI 1169||26th Jan 2011||Equality Act 2010|
Last updated: Thu 23rd November, 2017 @ 13:10