One of our key corporate commitments is to ensure that the borough is a place where residents and visitors feel they belong.
We are determined to making Charnwood a place where all people have access to the same level of high quality service and employment, and where people get along with each other and treat each other with dignity and respect.
This includes ensuring fairness and accessibility for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, maternity and pregnancy, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
This area is responsible for:
- Equalities Legislation
- Plans and Policies
- Equality Impact Assessment
- Public equality data
- Interpretation and translation
- Reporting racist incidents or other hate crimes
- Leicestershire Equalities Forum (LSEF)
- Asylum Seekers and Refugees
- General information and support on equalities
- Modern slavery statement 2021-22
- Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement 2022-23 (PDF Document, 0.2 Mb)
- Equality Diversity Inclusion (EDI) Strategy and Plan 2020-2024 (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
We would like to create a culture where people of all backgrounds and experience feel appreciated and valued. We believe that having a workforce that is representative of the local community will improve our services, as we have a better understanding of the needs of our customers.
We also aim to provide flexible working arrangements where we are able to accommodate the variety of our staffs needs.
Last updated: Thu 25th August, 2022 @ 11:39