Your feedback is very important to us.

We want to hear from you whether it is a comment or an observation about a service we provide, a compliment about something we have done well or a complaint about something that you are unhappy with.

We are committed to listening and acting on what we hear to continually improve the quality of the service we provide to our customers.

What is a Complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction about a council service or the way it was delivered (whether the service is provided directly by the council or by a contractor) which requires a response.

A complaint may be raised by anyone who has been affected by the actions or inactions of the Council. Complaints may, for example, be about:

  • The lack of fairness or professionalism of interaction with officers
  • Failure to do something we should have done
  • Refusal to provide a service or delivery of poor service
  • Failure to follow the correct policy or procedure

Complaints outside the Council’s responsibility

Certain enquiries will not be dealt with through the Council’s complaints procedure because there are other processes more suitable for dealing with them, or because they are outside the Council’s control. These include:

If you would like to make a service request please visit our A-Z to find the relevant team and online application forms. You can also visit our online forms webpage.

Report feedback, make a compliment or make a complaint

  • By telephone: 01509 263151
  • Post: Customer Experience Team, Charnwood Borough Council, Southfields, Loughborough, LE11 2TX

Complaints received via social media will be forwarded to the relevant service area and handled in keeping with our complaints policy.

Street lights, Highways and road maintenance enquiries and complaints

For all enquiries and complaints relating to street lights, highways and road maintenance, please contact Leicestershire County Council.

Response Times

Complaints should be submitted as soon as possible after the incident. The Council will normally only accept complaints made within six  months  of the incident or circumstances that led to it.

You will receive an acknowledgment (usually automated) of your complaint within 5 working days of our receiving it.

The Council will review your enquiry to see if it meets the Policy definition of a complaint. If so, your complaint will be passed to a senior officer / manager within the relevant department for investigation and they will respond within 10 working days.

Is there a deadline for escalating a complaint?

If you are unhappy with the outcome or the way the complaint has been handled at Stage 1 you can request a review of your complaint at Stage 2 of the policy.

Review requests must be received within 28 calendar days of the Stage 1 response date and must provide clear reasons for your dissatisfaction.

The Stage 2 investigation will be undertaken by someone independent of the initial complaint and they will respond within 20 working days.  

You can further information and guidance in our complaints policy.

Please note that if your complaint is about a data protection matter, this will be referred to the council’s Data Protection Officer.

Independent help and advice

For independent help and advice, please contact:

Last updated: Tue 13th February, 2024 @ 11:57