Development Plan for Charnwood
Planning policy is prepared at a national, borough and neighbourhood level. Planning policies provide the basis against which all applications for planning permission are assessed.
The Council is responsible for preparing a Development Plan for Charnwood which provides a long term strategic planning framework for the Borough. This includes preparing policies to guide future decisions regarding where new homes, schools, open space, roads and jobs will go, along with protection for the local environment. The Council also provide support to communities preparing Neighbourhood Plans.
The Development Plan for Charnwood is made up of:
- Borough of Charnwood Local Plan (2004) - This document will be replaced by the Local Plan Core Strategy and an Allocations and Policies document. Some of the policies it contains have expired but a number have been saved and continue to inform decisions on planning applications.
- Core Strategy - The Charnwood Local Plan 2011 to 2028 Core Strategy provides the strategic planning policy for the Borough. It was adopted by the Council on 9th November 2015.
- Site Allocations and Development Management Policies - The Local Plan Allocations and Policies Document is the early stages of being prepared and will provide more detailed policies in support of the overall vision and objectives of the Core Strategy.
For more information on the Local Plan including the Core Strategy Examination in Public and Allocations and Policies Issues and Options Consultation please visit our Local Plan Website.
A timetable for the preparation of new planning policies is set out in the Local Development Scheme for Charnwood.
The Development Plan is supported by:
- Evidence Base studies and assessments used to inform policy making;
- Annual Monitoring Reports and an assessment of the Five Year Supply of Housing Land; and
- Statement of Community Involvement which sets out how the community and other stakeholders will be involved in the planning process.
You May Also Be Interested In.....
Last updated: Mon 23rd November, 2015 @ 15:42