Information provided under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) or the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) may be re-used free of charge in any format or medium. 

You must re-use it accurately and not in a misleading context, and the material must be acknowledged as Charnwood Borough Council copyright unless the copyright is held by a third party. You must also give the title of the source document/publication. 

Where the copyright is held by a third party you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.

How to re-use other information

If you wish to re-use any other information that we produce please contact the Freedom of Information Team. We will aim to respond to all applications within twenty working days. Requests will only normally be refused where there is no right of access to the information under the FOI or the EIR.

We will not charge for the right to re-use the information but will require information to be reproduced accurately in a manner which is not misleading and require its copyright to be acknowledged.

Make a complaint

If you are dissatisfied with how your application to re-use public sector information has been handled or any other aspect of how we have implemented the regulations you can make use of the complaints system described on our Freedom of Information page.

If you are unhappy with the outcome after we have investigated the complaint you may refer your complaint to the Office of Public Sector Information:

Last updated: Fri 4th August, 2023 @ 14:26