If someone in your household has recently passed away you must tell us. You can do this in any of the following ways.

If you haven’t registered the death yet

When you register a death, the registrar will ask if you would like to use the Tell Us Once service. This means you can report a death to most government organisations and council departments in one go.

If you have already registered the death but did not use the Tell Us Once service, please use our online contact form to inform us.

If the death means you are now the sole occupant

You can apply for single person discount and notify us of the death at the same time.

You’ll need your Council Tax account number to hand, which is on your bill.

Apply for single person discount

The change will be processed and you can view your revised bill by accessing your Council Tax account.

If you do not have an online Council Tax account please register.

Last updated: Tue 28th March, 2023 @ 08:39