As a result of the Bank Holiday there will be some changes to services and facility opening hours.
Please note: While there are changes to the opening hours of the office and availability over the phone, our online forms are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Council offices at Southfields
The main council office building at Southfields will close at 4.30pm on Friday, 23 August (last ticket to see a Customer Services advisor in the Customer Service Centre will be issued at 4.15pm) and remain closed until 8.30am on Wednesday, 28 August.
Please note: The Customer Service Centre will be closed all day Tuesday, 27 August.
Refuse, recycling and garden waste collections will not be affected by the Bank Holiday.
The cut off for online and for telephone bulky waste collection bookings is 3pm on Friday, 23 August.
Bulky collections booked by this time will be collected on Saturday, 24 August and items need to be presented by 6am.
Any collections booked after this time will be collected on Monday, 2 September.
Collections can be booked online via the bulky waste webpage.
Telephone Contact Centre
The Council's telephone Contact Centre arrangements are as follows:
- Closed Monday, 26 August
- Open for Emergency Repairs, Housing and Refuse & Recycling enquiries only 8.30am – 5pm on Tuesday, 27 August
- Reopen fully as normal from 8.30am on Wednesday, 28 August
- Tel: 01509 634666 (Tenancies, Repairs, Maintenance, Rents & Sheltered Housing) or
- Tel: 01509 634567 (Homelessness, Housing Allocations, Housing Register)
Refuse and Recycling issues
- Tel: 01509 634563
Please note: For the recycling and refuse services, there are online forms which are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The following numbers can be used in an emergency outside of opening hours
- Council Emergency 0333 2008811
- Emergency Housing and Homelessness 01509 634567
- Emergency council property repairs 01509 634666
- Lifeline Service 01509 643970
Police enquiry desk
The Police enquiry desk located in the council offices will be closed from 4.15pm on Friday, 23 August and will re-open at 8.30am on Tuesday, 27 August.
The Job Centre located in the council offices will be closed from 5pm on Friday, 23 August and will re-open at 9am on Tuesday, 27 August.
Tel: 01509 233754
- Bank Holiday Monday, August 26, the museum will be closed.
Charnwood Leisure Centres
For details about opening times for the three leisure centres visit the relevant website:
Loughborough Leisure Centre
Tel: 01509 611 080
Soar Valley Leisure Centre
Tel: 01162 375 267
South Charnwood Leisure Centre
Tel: 01162 640 057
Last updated: Thu 15th August, 2019 @ 11:54