Leicestershire County Council administers the Disabled Persons' Parking (Blue Badge) scheme in Leicestershire on behalf of the Department for Transport (DFT).
What is the disabled persons' parking scheme?
The Blue Badge Scheme provides a national arrangement of parking concessions for people with severe walking difficulties, who travel either as drivers or passengers.
The object of this free service is to assist those qualifying for badges to lead a normal life, making it easier for them to visit shops, restaurants and other local amenities by parking closer to their destination.
If all of the disabled parking bays are in use, blue badge holders can park in other bays and must display their blue badge in order to park free of charge.
Disabled parking available in Charnwood
- Beehive Lane (Level 1) – 10 spaces available – Normal tariff rates apply
- Browns Lane – 7 spaces available – Leisure facilities users: 3-hour free parking. Additional payment can be made for longer stays. Non-leisure user tariff rates apply
- Granby Street – 35 spaces available – 3 hours free parking only. (No additional payment can be made to extend parking)
- Southfields Office – 8 spaces available – 3 hours free parking for vaccination and council office visitors.
- The Nook, Anstey – 2 spaces available – No charges
- High Street, Barrow – 1 space available – No charges
- Station Road, Quorn – 5 spaces available – No charges
- King Street, Sileby – 2 spaces available – No charges
- Melton Road, Syston – 4 spaces available – No charges
- Main Street, Woodhouse Eaves – 1 space available – No charges
- Southfield Road Extension Car Park – 1 space available. 3 hours free parking. Additional payment can be made for longer stays. Temporarily closed until the end of 2021. Closed to support Bedford Square re-generation works.
Last updated: Mon 10th October, 2022 @ 13:44