The Active Lifestyle Referral Scheme is our partnership with Fusion-Lifestyle, G.P. Practices and other Health Care Professionals, with the support of the NHS Leicestershire County and Rutland.
The scheme offers people who are inactive or have a condition that could benefit from physical activity the opportunity to participate in exercise, including gentle exercise to music, circuits, aqua aerobics, gym based sessions, walking, Zumba gold and t'ai chi.
This page contains information on the scheme, costs, eligibility and how to join. If you would like more information please contact Tina Coles, Active Lifestyle Co-ordinator on:
- Tel: 07730801967
- Email: email@example.com
More information about the scheme
Our referral period is 12 weeks, during which you will have the opportunity to speak with our team on a one-to-one basis to improve both your fitness and general well-being.
The cost is £3.20 per session for all.
You will be monitored during this period, and the resultant statistics taken will be referred back to your GP at the end of the 12 week period.
All exercise sessions are offered:
- Under the guidance of qualified exercise professionals
- At a convenient venues within the local community
- At a specially reduced rate (contact for details)
Am I eligible?
Anyone who is 16 years of age or over who is currently inactive can join the Active Lifestyle Exercise referral scheme. You can also join if you have:
- Risk factors for Coronary Heart Disease (e.g. family history, smoking, overweight, diabetes, high blood pressure)
- Risk factors for Osteoporosis (e.g. family history, history of diet lacking in Vitamin D or calcium or menopause)
- Controlled Asthma
- Mild to moderate rheumatoid or osteoarthritis
- Mild to moderate stress, depression or anxiety
- Obesity issues
- High cholesterol
- Controlled diabetes
- Mild to moderate depression, stress or anxiety
- Controlled respiratory disease
- Back pain
- Locomotive and neurological disorders
Unfortunately, due to safety reasons we cannot accept people who have:
- Heart disease, previous heart attack or other event, or heart surgery
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Uncontrolled hypertension, or very high blood pressure
- Severe Asthma
- Chronic muscle, joint or bone conditions
How can I join?
To join the scheme you need to visit your GP, a Practice Nurse or another Health Care Professional. You can also be referred to us if you are undergoing a Fit4work review.
If you are eligible and the scheme is considered appropriate the health professional will complete a referral form for you, which will be sent our Active Lifestyle Development Officer.
You can be referred to join our walks programme (in which case your health professional must specify that they are referring to the walk programme), to one of our Leisure Centres, or to a community venue within Charnwood.
Last updated: Mon 2nd March, 2020 @ 09:53