Below are some of the walks available in Charnwood, and how you can get involved.
For more information call the Sport and Active Recreation team on:
- Tel: 01509 632535 (ask to speak to Sam or Mat)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to join our team of volunteer walk leaders we would like to hear from you. We run free training courses throughout the year; more information can be found on our Walk Leader training page.
Fusion Lifestyle, in partnership with Charnwood Borough Council, run a programme of Guided Walks in and around Charnwood. The walks cater for a variety of abilities. Find out more on the Charnwood Sport website. View the latest brochure below:
- Guided Walks - July-December 2019 (PDF Document, 0.76 Mb)
Walking for health groups
These groups undertake friendly, sociable walks across Charnwood. They are up to around an hour in length and free to attend. The walks are run under the Walking for Health scheme and led by friendly volunteer walk leaders.
We have regular walks in Shepshed, Barrow-upon-Soar, Loughborough, Mountsorrel and Quorn.
Walks are turn up and take part.
Details can be found on the Charnwood Sport website.
- Family Walks Around Charnwood No 1 (PDF Document, 0.68 Mb)
- Derby Road Walks - Loughborough (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 8.5 Mb)
- East Goscote Walk (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 2.55 Mb)
- Loughborough Doctors Walk (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
- Loughborough Town North Walk (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.32 Mb)
- Loughborough Town South East Walk - (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.35 Mb)
- Loughborough Town South West Walk (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.4 Mb)
- Quorn Walks (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 5.04 Mb)
- Watermead Walk 1 (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 1.87 Mb)
- Watermead Walk 2 (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.44 Mb)
- Woodhouse Eaves Walks (Not Guided) (PDF Document, 0.31 Mb)
- Syston Library Walks (PDF Document, 0.64 Mb)
- ACE website for information on walks, countryside and green spaces accessible to those using wheelcharis, mobility scooters, pushchairs and buggies
- External Link to Natural England website: DEFRA Walks
- External Link to The National Forest website: Walking information
- Choose How You Move website: Walking Information for Leicestershire
Last updated: Mon 1st July, 2019 @ 15:32