The reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences regulations requires the reporting of work-related accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences.
It applies to all work activities, but not to all incidents. You will need to report:
- The death of any person (workers or non-workers)
- Specified injuries
- Accidents resulting in seven days off work (after the date of the accident, reported within 15 days)
- Dangerous occurrences
- When a member of the public is taken to hospital
- Gas incidents
Reporting certain accidents and cases of ill health arising out of work activities and business undertakings is a legal requirement. If you are an employer, self-employed or in control of work premises you will have duties under the Regulations.
- Report an injury, disease or dangerous occurrence in the workplace
- Tel: 0845 300 9923 (for fatal or specified injuries to employees only)
- More information on accident reporting
Last updated: Thu 10th January, 2019 @ 14:43