You can pay your Housing Benefit overpayment invoice the way that suits you best. We accept Maestro, Delta, Mastercard, Visa and Solo credit and debit cards and you can pay using the following methods:
- Present the barcoded invoice at any Post Office or PayPoint outlet, along with your payment.At Post Offices you can pay by cash, cheque or debit card for free.
On the Internet
- Visit: www.charnwood.gov.uk/payabill and pay online using any of the cards listed above. On the payment form please select Housing Benefit Overpayments as the payment type and quote the invoice number in the account number field.
- Quote your card number, using our 24-hour automated payment line: 01509 634555. Please select Option 6 – Housing Benefit Overpayments. Please have your invoice and card details ready when calling.
Assisted payment by phone
- If you require staff assistance to make a payment over the telephone please call us on 01509 634841 during office hours. A staff member will use our online payment service to process the payment on your behalf.
- Address to Benefit Services, Charnwood Borough Council Benefits Dept, PO Box 185, Erith. Please make Cheques and Postal Orders payable to ‘Charnwood Borough Council’ and write your invoice number on the back.
By Bank Giro Credit
- Pay at any Bank or Post Office counter. A fee may be charged.
Through online and telephone banking
- Payments should be made to HSBC Bank plc, Sort Code 40-30-24, Account No 61820559 and quote the invoice number as the reference.
Last updated: Wed 21st December, 2016 @ 09:23