Direct Debit is the quickest, safest and easiest way to make a payment to us.
All you need is a bank or building society account, and payments will be taken from your account each month.
You can use this method to pay for the following:
- Council Tax
- Business Rates
- Housing Rent
- Invoices (including Garden Waste Renewals)
- Lifeline Service
- Housing Benefit Overpayments
For a full list of all payment methods accepted by us, including on-line and telephone, please visit our how to pay a bill page.
How to set up your direct debit
To start paying by direct debit or to change your bank details, please print off, complete and return the relevant instruction form from the list of services below.
Please note that for Council Tax you may also complete an online application to pay by direct debit or call the office directly on 0345 6091258 and set up an instruction over the telephone, providing you are a sole signatory on the bank account:
- For Garden Waste Bins please call 01509 634563
- For Lifeline payments please call 0800 6335548
Council Tax and benefit overpayments
You can choose to pay on the 3rd, 15th or the 25th of the month.
- Set up a direct debit for Council Tax using our online service
- Print off, complete and send the form below:
- Council Tax Direct Debit Instruction (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
Find out about Direct Debits for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Overpayments
- Instruction to Pay Business Rates by Direct Debit (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Instruction to Pay Business Rates by Direct Debit (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
Rent (Council tenants only)
You can choose to have the Direct Debit payment leave your bank on any day of the week, month, 2 weekly or every 4 weeks to reflect the frequency of your wages, benefits, pension or Universal Credit payment.
The simplest way to set up a direct debit is to complete the information online. To do this, click on the link below and let the income team do the rest:
Alternatively, you can print out the Direct Debit mandate and send it to us at:
Housing Income Team
Charnwood Borough Council
The following dates will be available to pay your rent by Direct Debit:
- Every two weeks
- Every four weeks
This means you won't have to remember to pay your rent.
Related Links (4)
Last updated: Thu 21st April, 2022 @ 15:19