Direct Debit is the quickest, safest and easiest way to make a payment to us. All you need is a bank or building society account, and payments will be taken from your account each month.
You can use this method to pay for the following:
- Council Tax
- Business Rates
- Housing Rent
- Sundry Invoices (including Garden Waste Renewals)
- Lifeline Service
- Housing Benefit Overpayments
For a full list of all payment methods accepted by us, including on-line and telephone, please visit our how to pay a bill page
How to set up your direct debit
To start paying by direct debit or to change your bank details, please print off, complete and return the relevant instruction form from the list of services below.
Please note that for Council Tax you may also complete an online application to pay by direct debit or call the office directly on 0345 6091258 and set up an instruction over the telephone, providing you are a sole signatory on the bank account:
- For Garden Waste Bins please call 01509 634563.
- For Lifeline payments please call 0800 6335548.
Council Tax and benefit overpayments
You can choose to pay on either the 3rd or the 25th of the month.
- Set up a direct debit for Council Tax using our online service
- print off, complete and return a paper copy below:
- Council Tax Direct Debit Instruction (Word Document, 0.12 Mb)
- Instruction to Pay Business Rates by Direct Debit (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Instruction to Pay Business Rates by Direct Debit (PDF Document, 0.18 Mb)
You can choose to pay either weekly or on 8th, 15th or 25th of the month.
- Rent Direct Debit Mandate Form Jan16 (PDF Document, 0.11 Mb)
Last updated: Wed 23rd May, 2018 @ 15:14