Please note: We will start to reopen all 44 Council-owned play areas in the borough from Monday July 6.
Guidance for families using our play areas safely this summer:
- Parents must read this guidance and ensure their families follow it carefully for the safety of their children and others.
- This equipment is checked regularly for damage and wear and tear, but is not sanitised or disinfected.
- This is shared equipment, used at your own risk.
- Do not use this equipment if you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms, or are self-isolating.
- You are advised that children should not use this equipment if they are clinically or extremely clinically vulnerable.
- Make sure you have hand sanitiser with you before entering the playground.
- Encourage everyone in your family to wash their hands with hand sanitiser regularly and as a minimum before and after using the playground.
- Encourage children to avoid touching their faces
- You MUST maintain social distancing from others unless they are from the same household - current advice is to maintain at least 1m and consider wearing a face mask.
- Some equipment can only be used by one child at a time while social distancing. Please ensure your family waits at a safe distance if the equipment is in use or return later to use the equipment
- Try to avoid busy times.
- If your family is wearing disposable PPE - including face coverings and gloves - please take them home with you.
- Wash your hands when you get home.
- Make sure you clean touch points on play equipment such as see saws, machine handles or exercise bars before use
- Only one person or persons from a family group on any one item of equipment
We hope you enjoy using the playground and thank you for helping to keep everyone safe by always following these simple instructions.
Please visit www.charnwood.gov.uk/coronavirus for information and updates on all service changes and closures. Please continue to maintain social distancing, avoid gathering in groups and practice frequent hand washing at all times.
The Council manages 44 play areas across Charnwood.
Town and Parish councils within Charnwood own and manage other play areas.
find your nearest play areas by searching the document below or visit the My Charnwood website for this and more local information.
- Charnwood Borough Council Play Areas (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Last updated: Wed 5th August, 2020 @ 11:52