There are three private sector housing licensing schemes in Charnwood. 

The schemes include a mandatory and an additional scheme for houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) and a selective scheme for privately rented properties in the Lemyngton and Hastings wards in Loughborough.

You will need a licence if you own and let out a property which either:

  • meets the definition of being a house in multiple occupation (HMO) anywhere in the borough of Charnwood.
  • is a privately rented property located in the Hastings or Lemyngton wards in Loughborough. 

You can apply online for these licensing schemes.

Property licensing public register

The property licensing public register can be found below:

Last updated: Thu 18th January, 2024 @ 12:40