Local Plans must be based upon a robust and credible evidence base. We have undertaken, commissioned and been involved with a number of studies to inform the preparation of the Charnwood Local Plan including the Core Strategy.
Evidence base studies
- Affordable Housing Economic Viability Assessment
- Recreation Studies
- Climate Change
- Retail and Town Centre Studies
- Economic Development and Regeneration
- Settlement Hierarchy & Capacity Assessments
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- Employment Land Studies
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment
- Green Infrastructure
- Gypsy and Traveller Accomodation Needs Assessment
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment
- Transport Assessments
- Habitat & Species Assessments
- Housing Strategy
- Viability & Market Testing of Housing Options
- Loughborough Science & Enterprise Park
- Regeneration strategy for Charnwood
- Self-build and Custom Housebuilding
Charnwood Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal
We currently preparing a new Local Plan for the borough, for the period up to 2036. To support this process, we are carrying out a Sustainability Appraisal, which will consider the potential environmental and sustainability impacts of the Local Plan.
This Scoping Report represents the first stage of the Sustainability Appraisal process. It provides a description of the baseline environmental characteristics and key environmental and sustainability issues of relevance to the borough, and identifies other relevant plans, programmes and policies that may influence the development of the Local Plan.
The Scoping Report also establishes an appraisal framework that will be used to examine the sustainability impacts of implementing the Local Plan policies. The document is available to download below:
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (Charnwood Local Plan) (PDF Document, 4.03 Mb)
Charnwood car parking impact assessment 2015
The Car Parking Impact Assessment has been carried out to identify existing levels of car parking provision, and the patterns of usage. It also considers the need for car parking and possible interventions to maintain and enhance the vitality and viability of the main centres in Charnwood.
The study takes it lead from the Charnwood Local Plan Core Strategy and specifically looks at the District and Local centres set out in Policy CS9. The centres identified include; Loughborough, Anstey, Birstall, Barrow upon Soar, Sileby, Syston, Shepshed, Mountsorrel, Quorn, Rothley and Thurmaston.
Charnwood Car Parking Impact Assessment - Final Report 2015 (PDF Document, 15.44 Mb)
Car Parking Site Availability and Deliverability Assessment 2017
The Study was undertaken by consultants White Young Green on behalf of the Borough Council. It looked at the opportunities for bringing forward new sites for car parking in Anstey, Barrow upon Soar, Quorn, Shepshed and Sileby, which were all locations where White Young Green had identified a need for new car parking in their 2015 Car Parking Impact Assessment. It does not include Loughborough where the consideration of car parking was considered in the Town Centre Masterplan.
- Charnwood car parking site availability and deliverability assessment - August 2017 (PDF Document, 10.5 Mb)
This Blueprint will be delivered by a partnership of like-minded people and organisations with a shared ambition to improve the business of tourism in our area.
The document is available to download below:
Blueprint for Tourism: 2011 - 2014 (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Last updated: Mon 4th September, 2017 @ 10:36