You can pay your council tax in a number of ways:
- in 10 monthly instalments, normally April to January
- one annual payment
- in two, half yearly instalments (one in April and one in October)
You may also apply in writing to pay over 12 instalments (For applications received after April 15, the number of instalments will equal the number of full months left in the financial year. For example, if you apply in July, your payments over the next nine months will be higher).
Please contact us on 0345 6091258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues whilst processing your payment.
You can pay by:
- Direct Debit standing order: from a bank account - this is our preferred method of payment.
- In person: by presenting your bar-coded invoice at any Post Office or PayPoint outlet, along with your payment. Cash payments can be made for free at all PayPoint outlets and at the Post Office you can pay by cash, cheque or debit card for free.
- By telephone: call 01509 634555.
- Pay your council tax online using a debit or credit card.
For any tele/internet banking you will need the following information:
- Sort Code: 40-30-24
- Account Number: 61820559
You will need to enter the account number shown on your bill or notice which should start with '78'. Please allow up to 10 working days for your payments to reach us. Council Tax and benefit services are administered on behalf of the council by Capita.
Last updated: Mon 30th July, 2018 @ 14:12