We want to make our services accessible to everyone who lives and works in Charnwood. We recognise that English is not everyone’s first language and therefore we try to provide a range of interpreting and translation facilities to meet your needs.
- Translation Service Guidance - Punjabi - ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Translation Service Guidance - Bengali - বাংলা (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Translation Service Guidance - Cantonese - 中文（繁體字） (PDF Document, 0.23 Mb)
- Translation Service Guidance - Gujurati - ગુજરાતી (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Translation Service Guidance - Hindi - हिन्दी (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Translation Service Guidance - Kurdish - کوردی (PDF Document, 0.17 Mb)
On the phone
If you wish to contact us and your first language is not English we will provide an interpreter over the phone for you. We use the services of an instant telephone interpretation service.
To use the service telephone 01509 634560. Once you have connected to a customer service advisor they will ask for your:
- Telephone number,
- Your preferred language,
- Your name
- and if possible the nature of the enquiry you are making e.g. housing, planning, benefits etc.
An interpreter will then telephone you back and begin to translate the enquiry more fully. The customer service advisor will aim to deal with your enquiry as fully as possible, however, it may be necessary to arrange a separate appointment with the appropriate member of staff and face to face interpreter depending on the complexity of the enquiry.
Visiting the council
We have a range of interpreters that are available for on the spot translation. When we cannot provide an interpreter for your language, or if the interview is of a complex or lengthy nature we may buy in professional interpreters from other agencies. These are arranged by the officer you have an appointment with. Alternatively we can access the telephone interpreting facility at the Customer Service Centre i.e. main reception, for visitors who need an interpreter to help make their enquiry.
For further information please phone 01509 634560 and have ready your telephone number and the language you wish to speak in for the customer service advisor.
- Interpreting and Translation Policy (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
Last updated: Tue 7th November, 2017 @ 12:31