In the 2011 Census, 15% of the population of Charnwood stated they had a limiting long-term illness. Because of this we always consider the needs of people with disabilities when designing our services.
The services we provide are often of most need to particularly vulnerable people within the community so it is important that we get them right.
Council services for people with disabilities
We provide a number of important services for people with disabilities; please click links below for more information. In addition to these services, it is our policy to provide home visits when required.
- Loughborough Shopmobility
- Accessible toilets and Radar keys
- Lifeline and warden services
- Alternative interpretation and translation
- Necessary home adaptations
- Wild Card leisure discounts
- Assisted waste collection service
- Advice on disability benefits
- National travel scheme
Please contact the desired service directly
Access to employment
As an employer, we have adopted the 'Disability Confident Scheme’ as a committed employer, to show our commitment to good practice in employing those with disabilities.
To find out more about what these commitments are and to learn more about the Access to Work Scheme please go to our Access to Employment page.
- Disability Access Guide to Loughborough (PDF Document, 2.01 Mb)
|FOI 1169||26th Jan 2011||Equality Act 2010|
Last updated: Tue 13th March, 2018 @ 10:35