Skip to Content

Our pest control service

For a full list of Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates, as well as council, leisure centres and markets information and opening times over the Christmas period, head to this webpage.

Please note: Due to unforeseen circumstances and a demand in work we have had to take the decision to prioritise public health pests only. Therefore we will only be offering the following services for at least the next two weeks as follows:

  • Rats internal
  • Mice internal
  • Cockroaches

All other services have now stopped at this time.  We would like to advise our customers that they can contact a private pest control company to treat pests and would guide you to the following websites for further advice or

We will update this message so that we can keep you informed of any changes.

Our Pest Control Officers are fully qualified and experienced officers. Our service regularly receives over 90% of customers reporting that the service is good or excellent for reliability and overall satisfaction.

We offer a high quality, effective and comprehensive treatment for rats, mice and some insects; such as wasps and fleas. Find out about the treatment services that we offer and if there is a charge by clicking on the links below;

We do not provide a pest control treatment for the following pests;

  • bees, cable bug, carpet beetle, cluster flies, earwigs, foxes, garden ants, mink, moles, pigeon, rabbits, woodlice, squirrels.

Although we do offer a service to treat wasp nests, we do not treat bees as they are a beneficial insect. If you are unsure if you have a problem with bees or wasps please click on the link for a guide on identifying these insects.

We currently do not offer a service to treat squirrels. If you are a Council tenant and currently have an issue with squirrels within your home then please contact Tenancy Services to discuss this further.

Customer feedback

Feedback from our customers is essential for assessing the quality of this service and provides useful indicators of successes or shortcomings in service delivery.

Our customers currently report that 100% consider the service to be either satisfactory, good or excellent. We invite comments on the quality of service provided through our pest control customer satisfaction survey. If you wish to discuss or comment on our service please do not hesitate to contact us on:

  • Tel: 01509 634 628
Share this page:

Last updated: