This fund is open to tenants for financial help towards the cost of arranging an event, activity or initiative in your local community.
You can apply for up to £250 towards the cost of a one-day event and up to £500 towards the cost of a longer term initiative.
Decisions on awarding funds
The Customer Engagement team at Charnwood Borough Council will determine the award of funds based on whether your application meets the following criteria:
- Funds will only be paid to a group who have a formal committee
- The agreed amount has to be paid into a club or group committee account
- The event/activity is for the benefit of the community and the application must evidence this
- The event/activity is not for any political purposes
- The event/activity is to promote community cohesion
- Applications should be submitted at least eight weeks before the date of the proposed event/activity
- A decision will be made within ten working days after receipt of the application
- The council must receive feedback on the event, including number of people attending and the outcomes etc.
- Permission for the council to publicise events in the media
- Each group can only receive funds a maximum of three times each financial year
How can I get involved?
Please apply via the online form below:
Alternatively you can complete and return the application below:
- Community Initiatives Fund Policy and Application Form - 2021/23 (Word Document, 0.12 Mb)
Please post the completed form to:
Customer Engagement Team
If you have any questions, please call 01509 634955 or email email@example.com.
Last updated: Thu 2nd June, 2022 @ 12:12